February 11th Meeting Recap -- FIRST EVER MEETING -- IT'S A BEGINNING!Feb. 12, 2019, 2:05 p.m. by Katherine Merrill
Hey everyone who attended,
Jacob and I wanted to THANK YOU for coming on a very cold winter night to the first meeting of the Stat and Data Science Club.
We are going to work on your suggestions for the upcoming meetings:
- Presentation about Honor's Thesis from a current student
- presentation about the AMP
- have a process for organizing study groups for classes
- present current newsworthy topics in Biostats and Stats
- have students present their research
- tie in with on-campus events
- have strong Stat & Data Science community events
Here is the link for the powerpoint from last night with tons of resources: Feb 11th Powerpoints
HERE IS A CHALLENGE FOR THE NEXT MEETING: BRING SOMEONE WITH YOU WHO DID NOT COME THIS TIME
For the next meeting, Jacob will be presenting a brief talk on the Statistician David Blackwell for Black History Month.
And we will work on having a student come and talk to you about the Honor's thesis process.